1995- January 25

1971 – September 5

Message given through
Seventy Arturo Gomez
JCRB Church

On 1/25/1995 an angel awake Seventy Arturo Gomez and took him from his home in Belize, in an out of body experience, and showed him extraordinary future events, including major destructions in the United States. In this recording Brother Gomez shares this experience as well as his testimony about how the gospel went to Nepal.

On the twenty fifth of January, 1995. It was about one in the morning. And I was asleep in a hammock. When a person dressed in white robe appeared to me. And invited to go with him in the air. And when we were in the air he told me to look back and see my body laying there in the hammock and there it was. I started to be afraid and he told me Don’t be afraid. So we went flying in the air. And we arrived in a large city we came down to the level about a light pole. And he asked me, do you know this city? And I saw the street sign that said Washington Blvd and Pico Avenue. And I said yeah I know this place. I said this is Los Angeles California. And he told me this city will be destroyed like the city Sadom was destroyed for the wickedness that’s in it. And then we went up in the air again. And he took me to a place that had buildings like towers. And he said do you know this place? And I said no. And he told me this is New York. And he told me these towers are going to fall. And all of the city will be destroyed after that. Because the Lord will destroy it. Because it is similar to Gomorrah. Then we went back up in the air again and we saw a lot of other cities. It was like one of the sides in Canada. And we turned to another area and we saw a lot of other cities. And he told me all of these cities will be destroyed. And in just an instant we were in Independence Missouri. And we were there around 24 highway. About the height of the trees. And he said look over there and I saw the tip of the temple of Community of Christ. And I saw like a bolt of lighting that came down from the heavens and destroyed that and it turned into kind of like a tornado and continued destroying. Then I asked the person that I was with, Who are you? And he told me that I am Michael and I have come from the presence of the Lord. And I’ve come to show you many things. And when he said that he said look down below. I saw that the cars were leaving the highways. And in Independence, people were dead. People were running out of there houses and there was like an earth quake and people died. And then later there came birds. They were black they had beaks that were similar to parrots. And they began to eat the flesh on the people that were dead. And I was very afraid. And he said don’t be afraid. This place has to be cleansed. For the gathering of the saints. Because here will be established the new Jerusalem. And then we went down into a tunnel. Similar to the caves that are there in Independence. But inside of this tunnel there was like a highway in there. Very wide, wide enough for like 6 cars abreast. And the people were running but it was like their feet were not touching the ground. And we arrived in a place in the tunnel where it was a little dark, there wasn’t very much light there. And there were men and women that were chained to the walls. They had great burdens on their backs on their shoulders. And I asked what are these burdens that are on their backs? And he said these are the people that heard the gospel but they never wanted to repent. And they didn’t want to wash their sins away in the waters of baptism. And their chained to the walls with their sins still on their shoulders and they will have to be there until the resurrection. And we went passed that place and he said I’m going to show you someone that you know. And when we arrived there I saw people with like fire around their bodies. And there was a young man that came to me and said Arturo help me. And I told him I can’t. And the person that identified himself as Michael told me he said Do you know him? And I told him yes. That was the man that his mother gave me my first bible. And I asked why is he here? And he said he’s hear because he learned part of the gospel but didn’t obey it. And he has to be here until resurrection. And we went out of there and people were crying very desperately. We left there and we came to a large wall. We went in the air above this wall and I could feel a very hot wave of heat, like opening a door of an oven. He said this is the lake of fire. Where those who knew the gospel made a covenant with the father and they did not endure until the end. They did not keep their testimony. They will be cast into this place, along with Satan, hell and death will be cast into this place. He told me no one knows its depths. Nor it’s width. Nor it’s height. Only the ones who are cast in there. And we were taken away from there again. And I went back into myself in the hammock , and my heart was very tired. As if I’d been out running and the next day I didn’t even have enough strength to even go to work. And that’s the story that the Arc Angel Michael showed me. 

In 1994 I came to the conference for Elders in Independence. And I was very very confused cuz I thought I’d see the church very united there. And when I saw all the problems going on there I was very confused. And I began to pray to the Lord. And I asked the Lord for a sign. And I asked the Lord how he was going to have the gospel preached all over the world even to the other side of the world. And if you can show me that, then I will believe it that this is your church. And after asking for this I had actual forgot that I had asked and one day in the morning about the month of march I was back in Belize I was driving my taxi and I decided to go to the taxi stand early in the morning and when I arrived there I was the first one in line. The telephone rang. And I answered it. And somebody asked me to come to the Capri Hotel. When I arrived there with my car, there were four men with suitcases. And they asked me to take them to the international airport in the Belize nation and once I put all their suit cases in the car, they all got in. I began to drive the taxi and when we were on the road i put a cassette in the player, and on it there was playing the hymn onward to Zion. On of the men on my side asked “are you a Christian?” And I said thank you yes. I’m serving the Lord and they said they don’t know anything about Jesus Christ. And I said Why? You aren’t from around here? And they said were from a country in Asia, were from Nepal. And I asked him well what do you guys believe any way? They Hindu’s believe that monkeys can be gods. A toad or a frog, anything can be god. A rock, tree a cow. And I started laughing. And the guy next to me said what are you laughing about? And I said you guys are worshiping the creation and not the creator. And he said well explain it to us better. And so I began to explain it to them. And it was very difficult because their words were different they speak a different language. And when we were getting close to the airport a voice spoke to my mind. And told me to tell them that they are not going to leave today. And I said to myself I can’t tell them that. And the voice told me you’ve gotta tell them that. Because I am the beginning and the end. I am the one that makes you move or not move. I am the Lord and when that voice spoke to me I was fearful in my heart. My heart began to tremble. And I told them that they weren’t going to be leaving that day, and one of the guys behind me said Ah this morning I had a dream there was a woman a personage that told me that we aren’t going to go today. And they said well were not going to loose anything by just going into the air port so lets go in and see what’s going on. And when we got into the ticket counter, the man said you can’t go today. Because the British airway flight had been canceled. But if you want we’ll put you up in a hotel and pay your meals. If you want to we’ll put you up to a hotel there. But they said no here’s a taxi cab were going to go back to Coresell town and stay in the hotel Made the arrangement and they gave him money and they went back to Coresell and everyday they came to my house so that I could teach them the gospel. And at last I had taught them all of the doctrine of Christ. And up until that point I had forgotten the question that I had asked the Lord. About how the Gospel would reach the other side of the earth. And I hadn’t remembered that. Before they left this was around the time of the conference in April of 1996. They had a dream the four of them had the same dream the same night they saw a road and they saw a large tree and the midst of the branches of the tree had a face of a man on it with a beard and it was very very bright and this person had said you have found the way of truth go forward and don’t stop. After that experience they wrote a letter and sent it to the conference. But this letter was rejected by the chairman of the board who was David Bowerman. And he said that right now isn’t the time to preach the gospel in other countries. Until the church is in order in the United States. And after that I returned to Belize but continued praying and then I was asked to go to Honduras. This was in January of 1997. One night we went up on Coyte Mountain. We were up on that mountain about eleven o’clock at night. And there were two brethren of the church of Honduras with me. And we were praying to the Lord. And there was a voice that came to us and it said remember your brethren in Nepal. This was the 22 of January 1997. I though I was the only one that heard the voice. But when we were finished praying Antonio came to me and saying did you hear the voice? And I said what voice pretending I hadn’t heard anything. And then brother Felix said, Remember your brethren in Nepal. And he said Nepal is a village in Belize? And I said no. It is a nation in another country in Asia. And I began to explain to them. And they said well lets pray because the voice that told us remember your brethren in Nepal. And so we began to pray a special prayer for them. And when we finished with the prayer. Brother Antonio came and said Brother Arturo, you’re gonna go to Nepal and I said I don’t know. That’s a long way. That’s next to India, I don’t have any money to go there. And he said yeah well, but I know you are going to go there. And later brother Frank called the conference in Wahacka, this was around the month of October. 1997 and it was there brother Fred Hollyer if I remember right stood and said I believe that it’s time that two of the seventy go to Nepal with Arturo Gomez. He said I’ve saved my tithing and I didn’t know why and I think that it’s so this can take place as soon as possible. And Richard Smith said I think that it is time. And we began to discuss that issue. And they wanted us to go in December but I said no. Because my wife’s birthday more than anything is during that time and I didn’t want to be away from home at that time. Maybe in January we can . And so we made arrangements to go in January And so it happened on the 18th of January 1998, I flew out of Belize, And arrived in Independence at night 19th of January we flew to St. Louis Missouri. From there we flew to Las Angeles Brother George Thomas Brother Frank and I went together we stayed the night in Los Angeles and then the next day we took an airplane about noon out of Los Angeles and we began flying and we flew across Alaska. We passed by Siberia and Russia and it was there when I began to say to myself this is like a dream I commented to brother Frank this is like a dream a voice came to me and said do you remember the question that you asked me? How am I going to take my gospel to other nations? Sending you and others. And that’s the way it was that we got to Nepal. Once year exactly after we heard the voice on Coyote Mountain. And it is that way that I obtained the testimony that the restoration that maintains the original doctrine that God is pleased with his people. And the Lord knows how and when he’s going to put all things in order. And that’s how the gospel went to Nepal. I might point out here at the end that Arturo had had this experience a year before between eleven o’clock and twelve o’clock on January the twenty second near midnight in Honduras. Someone else had arranged all the tickets for this and when we were landing in Cat Man Dew it was between eleven o’clock and twelve o’clock in January 1998 in Cat Man Dew but we had crossed the international date line and in Honduras on the other side of the world it was exactly the same hour within an hour of one year to the day from the time that Brother Arturo and the other two brethren heard the voice, remember your brethren in Nepal

Cuba 8-21-30, 2007
Report from Seventy Frank Frye and Neil Simmons Re: report protocols. 1 This report uses only first names because of political oppress is
a significant concern in Cuba. Report: As a result of a visit to Cuba in August of 2006 by Arturo Gomez contacts were made with the leadership of a splinter group of congregations out of the Church of Christ in Ciego De Avila. These had begun to separate from the Church of Christ (Cambelite), several years ago over evident differences between the teachings of the New Testament and the doctrine of the Church of Christ. Of particular concern to them was the absence of spiritual gifts in the teaching and practice of the Church of Christ. The leader of those who were convinced that the gifts of the Spirit should abound in the church, even today, was rejected by the leadership of the Church of Christ, and so they came to meet separately, though still affiliated with their mother church. After much prayer and fasting they began to experience some of the gifts of the spirit, especially a prophetic gift that indicated to them God would soon send them the fullness of the
Gospel. They prayed about the name of their congregation and decided that God was revealing that the name of their church should include the name of Jesus. They then changed their name, the Church of Christ to be registered as a new church—The Church of Jesus Christ
They put the new name of the church inside the building where they were meeting. One day, they decided that this sign with the name should be placed outside for all to see. Thus it was that they moved the sign with the name of the church to the outside of the building. The very next day, however, the authorities of the State arrived and ordered them to remove the sign which they did, putting it back inside. However, in the brief period that the sign was visible, (some few hours) Nadia, one of the saints in Ciego De Avila, happened past the sign and wondered at those who had chosen this name for their church. Shortly thereafter, brother Arturo Gomez, arrived having been sent to visit the few saints still in Cuba. He visited with sister Nadia and she took him to see this church with the unusual name.

It was thus that Alfredo, the leader of this group of members, received the visit of Arturo Gomez. His heart was open to hear the testimony of brother Arturo who shared with Alfredo the teachings of the Gospel of the Kingdom. As Alfredo heard the things being taught by Arturo Gomez, he recognized these very teachings were consistent with the teaching of the New Testament. He became very excited. Their group had been fasting and praying for a considerable time (seven 7 years) that someone would come from the mainland and teach them the true gospel, and restore true authority to them so that they could receive the ordinances of the gospel. After hearing the testimony of brother Arturo, and witnessing the healing of several of the members of their congregation through the ministry of the laying on of hands by brother Arturo, he left them and made his way back to Belize. Brother Arturo communicated with Seventies Frank Frye and Neil Simmons about his experience and urged an immediate contact with Alfredo and his members in Cuba. In the meantime Alfredo eagerly opened correspondence with Seventy Frank Frye by e-mail. Repeated efforts were made to make it possible for Alfredo to visit one of the missions in Latin America, but each time we tried to get one or more of them out of Cuba their government denied them the exit visas they needed. As the months passed they became more anxious about their relationship with the Lord. As they corresponded with Frank Frye they discovered that they did not have authority to serve the Sacrament of the Lord’s Supper, and their e-mails became more and more insistent that someone must shortly come from the USA to teach them the true gospel.

In June brother Simmons indicated that the USA Government had finally accepted the church’s application to obtain a legal permit to visit Cuba. In Cuba, Alfredo and the his church members received this news with rejoicing. However, the US Government works slowly and it was mid August before it was possible to fly to Cuba. Brother Simmons e-mailed the Cubans that it would be a better use of time to have all of them meet in a central place, rather than try to have the Seventy travel all over Cuba meeting with their leaders. He then e-mailed to them the ticket information and arrival times. Consequently, pastors of several congregations in Cuba met in Ciego De Avila awaiting the arrival of the Seventies. Hurricane Dean changed these travel plans. Instead of going to Cancun, Mexico and thence to Havana as planned, the route had to be changed to Nassau, Bahamas and then to Havana. The unfortunate aspect of this change was that there was no flight from Nassau to Havana the day the Seventy arrived in Nassau. This made them a day and a half late, according to their previously indicated schedule.

We flew late from the Bahamas, arriving late in Havana. After customs we went directly to the bus depot in Havana and boarded a bus to ride all night to get to Ciego De Avila in an effort to make up some of the lost time. After arrival in the very early morning hours went to a hotel and a few of hours sleep, and then contacted Nadia asking her to come to the hotel and take us to the church where Alfredo was expecting our arrival. Of course, we did not know that they had assembled a group of pastors and had been waiting for us to arrive. We arrived just two hours after the pastors had given up waiting to hear from us, and had taken leave to return to their various cities and congregations.

As you might expect both Alfredo and the Seventy were very disappointed by this development. However, God in his wisdom has often allowed disappointments that later turn out to be blessings. Alfredo chastised us for some time, and both Frank and I thought that perhaps our trip had been wasted because we had arrived too late. It seemed that they had come to the conclusion we did not care enough about them to be on time, or worse, we were insensitive to the leadings of the Spirit of God.

Finally, after Alfredo finished chastising us, we were able to explain why we had to change travel plans and why it was not possible for us to communicate while we were in route to their location. Eventually, it was decided that we should continue with the dozen members of the Leadership council of their congregation in Ciego De Avila. For the remainder of Thursday, August 24, until after midnight brother Frye and I taught the gospel of the Kingdom to a group of men and women who became increasingly excited about the gospel. Friday we taught all day and late into the night.

Saturday, we arrived early and began teaching. Early in the afternoon Saturday Alfredo confessed that they had despaired of our ever coming to them, and after reading in the Book of Mormon about the church established in the waters of Helaman, he decided that it would be appropriate to be baptized. He asked me cautiously if we would accept them on this baptism. He bore witness that this baptism was the result of the Spirit of God leading them to read the scripture and to follow the counsel of the Book of Mormon.

Brother Frye and I anticipated this and discussed the night before that they had previously baptized themselves according to the model in the church of Alma. We knew that they would consider their water baptism valid and already done. They clearly desired the baptism of the Spirit and knew that they did not have authority to confer the Holy Ghost. However, they felt that they had met the requirements for water baptism. I responded without hesitation that they would have to be re-baptized. Alfredo said that this was something he felt that they could not do, because they would be repudiating something that they knew was blessed by God.

A long discussion ensured lasting several hours. There was discussion of terminating the teachings and biding us farewell. Eventually, it was decided to continue the teaching, and brother Frye began the class. Late that evening brother Frye left these last classes without any assurance that we would be accepted or that they would make a decision to be baptized. We knew that Sunday morning would be the time when that decision would be made. We both spent much of the night in prayer for them and for the work in Cuba.

Sunday morning we arrived at the church at 9:00 AM. The pastor, Alfredo, stood to make an announcement. He said that the twelve congregational leaders had been meeting earlier that morning. They had all voted, and decided that they should make the decision to listen to the “two angels” who had been sent to them. We were puzzled by this remark, and learned only later that Alfredo was talking about a spiritual experience they had received late Saturday night. After he had gone to bed, late that Saturday night the phone rang for Alfredo. Though he was already in bed he answered it to discover that a sister in their Church from another city, “Las Tunas” was calling him. He mentioned to us that she was very respected in the church as one who has the gift of prophecy. She had not called him in months and did not know anything about our visiting and teaching to the congregational leader. However, she simply said to him, Why are you not listening to do what the two angels that God has sent to you are telling you to do? He said to us, that she said nothing else, and wishing him well, broke the connection. He had shared the conversation with the leaders earlier and this confirmed their individual decisions one and all to be re baptized.

We were very pleased to hear that they had decided to be baptized. We asked when they wished to do so and they said immediately. So I went with them to the fount. The congregation gathered around the fount of water as I entered it. Brother Frye took the names and pictures of each of those who were baptized. Neil Simmons baptized 26 new members into the church. He said afterwards that baptizing was the most joyful ordinance of the church for him, and that this was a mighty experience for him. In fact, the next day his arms were sore from baptizing so many people.

In the following service Frank Frye and Neil Simmons confirmed 14 members of the congregation. At that point in the day it was so late that we indicated that the remaining members should be confirmed at a later date by the local priesthood. At that time we indicated priesthood that there were calls for three of the men who had been in the classes. Two were called to the office of Elder, and one to the office of Priest. Because Nadia had been able to get most of the saints already baptized to attend this service, we were able to have 19 baptized and confirmed members present to organize the branch. There were still twelve who had not been confirmed, and one who had given his name for baptism who was not yet baptized. We then proceeded to organize a branch of the church and ask the members to consider the priesthood calls. Brother Simmons presided during the organization of the branch and the approval of the three priesthood calls.

After approval with unanimous votes we moved on to the ordinations. Three members of priesthood were ordained in a service that was richly blessed by the presence of the Holy Spirit. The branch in Ciego De Avila now has more than thirty active members and including the priest previously ordained by Arturo Gomez, four members of priesthood. We ended these worship services and organizational meetings so that the women could prepare a small meal. As we partook of the food we instructed the priesthood how they should conduct the Lord’s Supper. Shortly, thereafter we entered into a beautiful service of communion of the Lord’s Supper.

The following two days brother Frye conducted several important classes, continuing with the teachings about the Apostasy and the Restoration. Brother Simmons left these classes in order to go to the homes of those who were already members of the church in Ciego De Avila. These had previously been baptized. It was necessary to make certain that they would be agreeable to meeting together as single congregation. Although there were some concerns, the members all expressed their devotion to the Lord and recognized the great and mighty work He was doing in their midst. They pledged to support Alfredo and attend their new congregation.

Brother Simmons visited in the homes of the Saints in the city who had previously been baptized. He then met and gave considerable time to Bralio, the priest, who had been left in charge of the work when Arturo had departed the previous year. Bralio pledged his support to Alfredo, and recognized him as his presiding elder. Brother Simmons returned from these home visits and priesthood visits, to the classes, at Alfredo’s congregation where he went on to teach about the Bible scriptures that support the Book of Mormon and to share testimonies of the Lord’s work. Late in the afternoon on Tuesday we concluded the teaching and took leave of our new brothers and sisters to begin the long trip back to the USA. The following is a short list of the classes taught during the time we were in Ciego De Avila to the new members of the church.

1. Class on Free Will and Agency.

2. The three types of Christian churches.

3. All the flannel-graph series of classes, Come Unto Christ. (Six complete sets of materials were left for them to use teaching others. Also, brother Simmons left his briefcase, flannel board, six Spanish Bibles keyed to page numbers on the scripture lists associated with this series of classes. This represented some twenty hours or more of instruction.

4. Special classes taught by brother Frye included classes on Evidences of the Book of Mormon, and the House of Israel. Included were teachings about the Mormon Church, the doctrine of polygamy and a frank discussion of the false doctrines of open communion, ordination of women priesthood and acceptance of homosexuality in the church which had caused the apostasy of these most recent times.

5. Special classes given to the priesthood included instruction in the Lord’s Supper, in the organization and development of the national mission in Cuba, and the financial obligation of the church in Cuba to be self sustaining.

Many other teachings of the gospel were shared in the discussions which were always deeply based on the scriptures. Every one of those who participated in the class work were expert in the Bible, and knew their scriptures very well.

In conclusion, we praise God for his blessings and pray that the instruction given to the Church in the past, to establish the work in Cuba will at last be fruitful. We praise the Lord that this great day has certainly begun. The door in Cuba is now opened, and there are many other congregations that will shortly begin to hear the gospel as Alfredo and the new priesthood in Cuba share their testimony to those ministers who waited in vain for our arrival. We recognize now, that if there had been even one person present who had doubted or expressed any reservation at all about being re baptized, this mighty work would not have occurred, for Alfredo was very reluctant to acknowledge the need to be re baptized. He would have refused if it had not been for the phone call. The other fact he took into consideration was that the vote among the leaders of the congregation before we arrived Sunday morning was twelve in favor, and none opposed to being re baptized. The evident joy and pleasure on the faces of those who were baptized again was a mighty blessing to behold.

May God continue to bless his children in Cuba. Special mention should be made of those who have labored in this mission field in the past.

Sisters Tita Metzger and Saralee Rhoads,
Brother: Ethan Zerr Priesthood: Elders Charles Zerr, Bill Rhoads, Dana Simmons, Kenneth Simmons, and Arturo Gomez, Seventy Neil Simmons, and Frank Frye all have all labored in the past to the end that the Lord would be able to establish his work in Cuba.

Neil E. Simmons